As an executive, you build high performance teams. We thought
we could help by offering some interview suggestions as you evaluate
and assess your potential new employees.
All of your questions should try to answer these basic issues:
- How do they think?
- How do they make decisions?
- Do they have a methodology for solving problems?
- How do they build organizations?
- What have they REALLY accomplished?
- What are their management/leadership styles?
- Do they have the ability to be creative and innovative in solving problems and overcoming obstacles?
- Do they listen to other people, especially customers?
- How do they handle failure?
- How do they approach new projects or jobs? What do they look for? What actions do they take?
- What do they feel are the important trends or cutting issues facing their industry today?